The City of Hastings announces its summer programs at Levee Park. A variety of events are planned for people of all ages, including outdoor movies, performances, music and story times, as well as biking along the Mississippi Riverfront.
View links to each event below:
Tuesday, June 6, 5:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Kick off summer with live Congo music, a raptor show with Carpenter Nature Center, food trucks, inflatable obstacle course, bounce house, climbing wall, face painting, caricature artist, balloon artist and more! All ages welcome. Cost: Free
Wednesday, June 21, All Day
Musicians will perform throughout Hastings’ parks. Enjoy a variety of live music from local talent! Visit Hastingsmn.gov/programsandevents for a list of locations and times. All ages welcome. Cost: Free
Tuesday, July 11, 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Celebrate National Parks and Recreation month with live Salsa music, food trucks, activity booths, caricature artist, inflatables, balloon artist, climbing wall, face painting and more! All ages welcome. Cost: Free
*All food trucks require cash or card
Movies in the Park
Watch a family friendly movie on our 16-foot outdoor screen. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on the amphitheater seating or grassy hill. Come an hour early for free activities and giveaways! All ages welcome. Sponsored by: Ardent Mills. Cost: Non-perishable food donation
- Friday, June 16 – activities 8:00 p.m. and Minons Rise of Gru 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 14 – activities 8:00 p.m. and Onward 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 18 – activities 7:30 p.m. and DC League of Superpets 8:30 p.m.
- Friday, September 15 – activities 6:30 p.m. and The Mitchells vs. The Machines 7:30 p.m.
Performances in the Park
Enjoy a variety of groups perform comedy, dance and theatrical performances. All ages welcome. Sponsored by: SMEAD Manufacturing Company. Cost: Free
- Tuesday, June 27, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Circus Science Spectacular
- Tuesday, July 25, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – ETC Theater – Madagascar JR.
- Tuesday, August 22, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m. – Comic Stunt Juggler
- Tuesday, September 12, 6:00 – 6:45 p.m. – SAATH Bollywood Dance
Storytime in the Park
Come for big book stories, activities, songs and giveaways! Each Storytime has a different theme. A partnership with Pleasant Hill library. Recommended for ages 7 and under. Cost: Free
- Wednesday, June 14, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. – Colors
- Wednesday, July 12, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. – Food
- Wednesday, August 9, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. – Numbers
- Wednesday, September 13, 10:30 – 11:15 a.m. – Rest
Bike with a Ranger
Ride the 10-mile loop guided by a Park Ranger. Learn history and wildlife fun facts. Bring your bicycle and helmet. Recommended for teens and adults. A partnership with National Park service. Registration required at www.hastingsmn.gov or 651-480-6182. Cost: Free
- Saturday, July 15, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, August 19, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Saturday, September 16, 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.
Recreation & Police staff will visit different parks and offer a variety of activities and food! Sponsored by: Country Financial and SC Toys. Supported by: Hastings Lions Club, Hastings Family Service, Community Ed and Hastings Prescott Arts Council. All ages welcome, recommended for elementary and middle schoolers. For a list of other parks and dates, visit our City Facebook event section. Cost: Free
Music in the Park
Experience live music along the Mississippi riverfront. The Music in the Park series includes a variety of genres from local and metro area bands. Pack a cooler, chair or blanket to enjoy an evening outdoors. Supported by: The Ruth and George Doffing Charitable Fund. All ages welcome. Recommended for adults. Cost: Free
- Thursday, June 8, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – The 22nd Row – Tribute to Elton John
- Thursday, June 15, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Capital Sons – Rock & Roll
- Thursday, June 22, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Tropical Zone Orchestra – Latin Fusion
- Thursday, June 29, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Gus Sent Me – Country & Rock
- Thursday, July 6, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – String Showdown – Variety
- Thursday, July 13, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Revved UP! – 90s – Today Hits
- Thursday, July 27, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Belle Amour– Jazz
- Thursday, August 3, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Tumblin Dice – Tribute to Rolling Stones
- Thursday, August 10, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Hailey James Band – Country
- Thursday, August 17, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Chico Chavez Orchestra – Cumbia
- Thursday, August 24, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. – Jeff Dayton Band – Variety
- Thursday, August 31, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.– Jonah and the Whales – Pop, Rock & Country
- All events are free of charge and will take place at the Rotary Pavilion at Levee Park, 20 Ramsey Street, and along the Hastings Riverwalk.
- Questions? Contact the Hastings Parks and Recreation Department 651-480-6182 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the city on Facebook and Instagram @Cityhastingsmn #HastingsRiverWalk. Visit Hastingsmn.gov or City of Hastings Facebook for updates! Events may be cancelled due to weather.
The city thanked the sponsors for the events, which are The Ruth & George Doffing Charitable Fund, Ardent Mills and Smead Manufacturing Co.
Welcome to the discussion.
Thank you for taking part in our commenting section. We want this platform to be a safe and inclusive community where you can freely share ideas and opinions. Comments that are racist, hateful, sexist or attack others won’t be allowed. Just keep it clean. Do these things or you could be banned:
• Don’t name-call and attack other commenters. If you’d be in hot water for saying it in public, then don’t say it here.
• Don’t spam us.
• Don’t attack our journalists.
Let’s make this a platform that is educational, enjoyable and insightful.
Email questions to email@example.com.