Holiday Hoopla is coming to town
Want to shop local for your presents this year and begin holiday festivities all at once? The annual Holiday Hoopla in downtown Hastings has you covered.
This year's Holiday Hoopla will be held 9 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 24.
New to the event are a coloring contest and a sing-along carols session at Spiral Brewery, and a cookie decorating competition at Second Street Depot.
The event will also feature both horse-drawn wagon and reindeer sleigh rides, ice carving, and a medallion hunt with a cash prize.
Clues for the medallion hunt will be read by the DJ every hour, starting at 10 a.m.
The lighted parade, an event that drew roughly 2,000 people to the downtown area last year, will start at 5:30 p.m. on Second Street, and will feature floats from many area businesses.
Holiday Hoopla events:
• Breakfast with Santa, Lock and Dam, 9 and 10:30 a.m.
• Pictures with Santa, Onion Grille, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• First clue reading for the medallion hunt, 10 a.m.
• Kids coloring contest, Spiral Brewery, 10 a.m. to noon.
• Cookie decorating contest, Second Street Depot, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• Craft fair, American Legion, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
• Christmas carols sing-along, Spiral Brewery, 11:30 a.m.
• Reindeer sleigh rides, under the bridge, noon to 4 p.m.
• Horse wagon rides, under the bridge and at Oliver's Grove, 1-5 p.m.
• Cupcake Walk, Lock and Dam, 1:30-3 p.m.
• Ice carving
• Gourmet s'mores, under the bridge, 1-5 p.m.
• Who Hair, Hastings Beauty School, 1-5 p.m.
• Face painting, Hastings Beauty School, 1-5 p.m.
• Pictures with the Grinch, Oliver's Grove, 2-4:30 p.m.
• Choir performance, Rotary Pavilion, 5-5:30 p.m.
• Fourth annual lighted parade, Second Street, 5:30 p.m.
• Fire show, Second Street, 5:30 p.m.