Across Dakota County, 21 schools are on the Minnesota Department of Health’s (MDH) list of schools with recent COVID-19 outbreaks.
Hastings Middle School is on the list of school’s with COVID-19 outbreaks for having five or more confirmed infections in students or staff and who were in the building while infectious.
Each week, MDH lists every school building that’s had five or more infections in students and staff over a two-week period. Buildings are not removed from that list until they haven’t had a new case for 28 days.
The list is updated every Thursday.
Here is the full list of Dakota County schools currently on the list:
- Apple Valley Senior High, Apple Valley
- Black Hawk Middle, Eagan
- Burnsville High School, Burnsville
- Cedar Park Elementary, Apple Valley
- Cherry View Elementary, Lakeville
- East Lake Elementary School, Lakeville
- Echo Park Elementary, Burnsville
- Farmington High School, Farmington
- Greenleaf Elementary, Apple Valley
- Hastings Middle School, Hastings
- Highland Elementary, Apple Valley
- Kaposia Education Center Elementary, South Saint Paul
- Lakeville North High, Lakeville
- Lincoln Center Elementary, South Saint Paul
- Meadowview Elementary, Farmington
- Pinewood El., Eagan
- Riverview Elementary, Farmington
- Simley Senior High, Inver Grove Heights
- St. Croix Lutheran, West St. Paul
- Valley Middle, Apple Valley
- Woodland Elementary, Eagan
In the county, 173 cases of COVID-19 were reported Oct. 8 and no new deaths, according to MDH.
According to Dakota County Public Health, the county had 893 new cases of the virus this week and four new deaths.