According to the City of Hastings, water levels continue to rise in several areas in Hastings. City staff continue to monitor water levels and take precautions, as needed. As a result, they anticipate the following additional street closures:
- East 10th Street east of the bridge over the Vermillion River;
- 18th Street east of the main parking for C.P. Adams Park;
- Lock and Dam Road initially by Jaycee Park/Boat Launch, then at 2nd Street as necessary.
Previously closed roads remain closed, as follows:
- Spiral View Loop Road (located on the north side of the river beneath the Highway 61 Bridge);
- East 10th Street/County Road 54 (just east of 18th Street);
- 1st Street/Railroad Bridge Underpass;
- East 4th Street in East Hastings.
The trail in Levee Park just north of the pavilion is closed but is re-routed through the pavilion.
Attention boaters: The Dakota County and Washington County Sheriffs' have issued a temporary No Wake zone from Lock and Dam #2 to the confluence of the St. Croix and Mississippi Rivers, which will remain in effect until the water level returns below 15 feet. Travel on the river is not advised, due to the amount of debris, and rising water.
Attention visitors: The Vermillion Falls River at Vermillion Falls Park continues to rush rapidly and is a danger for anyone who is participating in water activities. Please stay away from the water; do not attempt to swim in the area.
Monitor water levels at National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service
Welcome to the discussion.
Thank you for taking part in our commenting section. We want this platform to be a safe and inclusive community where you can freely share ideas and opinions. Comments that are racist, hateful, sexist or attack others won’t be allowed. Just keep it clean. Do these things or you could be banned:
• Don’t name-call and attack other commenters. If you’d be in hot water for saying it in public, then don’t say it here.
• Don’t spam us.
• Don’t attack our journalists.
Let’s make this a platform that is educational, enjoyable and insightful.
Email questions to email@example.com.