Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

House fire along Highway 55 slowed by in-home fire extinguisher

Late Thursday morning, shortly after 11 a.m., Hastings firefighters extinguished a single-family home fire at 6830 Courthouse Blvd., near the intersection of Highway 55 and Pine Bend Trail.

According to Fire and EMS Director Mike Schutt, there was smoke visible form the roadway when crews arrived. Responders extinguished a fire in a bedroom and bathroom on the main level.

The fire was reportedly started by an unattended burning candle. The occupant was home at the time and, after calling 911, stopped most of the fire with a fire extinguisher before exiting the home. Because of her actions, the fire and smoke damage were contained to the bedroom and bathroom.

No one was injured in the incident.

randomness