NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT LIEN
YOU ARE NOTIFIED THAT,
1. Default has occurred in the conditions of the Restated Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Briar Hill, Dakota County, Minnesota, by Matthew E. Walters, as fee owner of the below-described property subject to said Declarations.
2. Pursuant to the Restated Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Briar Hill, filed in the Office of the County Recorder for Dakota County on December 3, 1980 as Document No. 572162, a lien exists for unpaid assessments and fees incurred from February 28, 2018 to the date of this notice.
3. No action or proceeding has been instituted at law to recover the debt secured by the statutory lien or any part thereof, or if an action has been instituted it has been dismissed or discharged prior to the commencement of these proceedings.
4. As of the date of this notice the amount due, pursuant to the Association's Declarations and By-laws, is $2,691.00.
5. As of the date of this notice, the names of all parties that have been released from liability for the assessment lien are as follows: NONE.
6. Pursuant to the provisions of the Restated Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, Briar Hill, the lien will be foreclosed and the land located at 3836 Heather Drive, Eagan, Minnesota 55122, in the County of Dakota, State of Minnesota, legally described as follows:
Lot 53, Block 1, Briar Hill Fourth Addition, Dakota County, Minnesota
will be sold by the sheriff of said county at public auction on October 25, 2018, at 10:00 a.m., at the Dakota County Sheriff's Office, 1580 Highway 55, Hastings, Minnesota 55033 in said county and state, to pay the debt then secured by said lien, including any additional assessments and late fees that may become due through the date of sale, along with the costs, attorney's fees and disbursements allowed by law.
7. The time allowed by law for redemption by the mortgagors, or mortgagor's personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months after the date of said sale.
8. THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGORS, THE MORTGAGORS' PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTE, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
9. THIS COMMUNICATION IS FROM A DEBT COLLECTOR ATTEMPTING TO COLLECT A DEBT. ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED WILL BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE. THE RIGHT TO VERIFICATION OF THE DEBT AND IDENTITY OF THE ORIGINAL CREDITOR WITHIN THE TIME PROVIDED BY LAW IS NOT AFFECTED BY THIS ACTION.
Dated as of September 5, 2018
BERNICK LIFSON, P.A.
Daniel B. Greenstein (#142104)
Attorneys for Briar Hill Homeowners
5500 Wayzata Boulevard, Suite 1200
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55416
09/13/18 - 10/18/18