School Board, referendum on Nov. 7 ballot
The Hastings School District election will take place Nov. 7.
Voters will weigh in on a $49.5 million bond measure and an operating levy. They also will fill three four-year seats on the school board. There are four candidates: Scott Gergen, Dave Pemble, Kelsey Waits and Kim Christensen. Also, Peter Blissenbach is the only candidate in a special election for a fourth school board seat.
Absentee balloting is underway. Polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 7.
Polling locations are:
- Combined Precinct 1: Includes Ward 1, P2 & P3 - Hope Lutheran Church
- Combined Precinct 2: Includes Ward 2, P1 & P2 - Our Saviours Lutheran Church
- Combined Precinct 3: Includes Ward 3, P1 & P2 - Hastings Methodist Church
- Combined Precinct 4: Includes Ward 4, P1 & P2 - St. Phillips Lutheran Church
- Combined Precinct 5: Includes the townships of Marshan, Ravenna, Denmark, Vermillion, Douglas, Hampton, New Trier and the city of Vermillion, City of Hampton, City of New Trier, City of Miesville - Tilden Community Center