Weather Forecast


Accident report for the week ending Dec. 6

• Police responded to a crash near the intersection of Vermillion and 15th streets at 9:07 a.m. Nov. 29. When exiting the M&H parking lot, Donald Landmark, 68 of Golden Valley, stuck another vehicle traveling south on Vermillion. There were no injuries.

• Katherine Rieder, 39 of Hastings, pulled in front of a vehicle southbound on General Sieben Drive while exiting the Cub Foods parking lot at 5:42 p.m. Dec. 2. Rieder told police she didn't see the approaching vehicle. The other vehicle was unable to stop before hitting Rieder's vehicle. No injuries were reported.

• Poor road conditions led to a two-vehicle crash at 5:29 p.m. Dec. 3 at the intersection of Vermillion Street and Vermillion Road. William Biskupski, 17 of Hastings, was slowing down for a red light but because of road conditions was unable to stop before striking the vehicle in front of him. He estimated he was traveling at about 3 or 4 miles per hour on impact. Two people reported injuries, but were not transported to the hospital.

• Police responded to a two-vehicle crash Dec. 3 at 6:04 p.m. at the intersection of 10th and Ramsey streets. Anthony Ochoada, 28 of Brooklyn Park, slid through a stop sign and struck Judith Kulla, 56 of Hastings. Kulla was proceeding through the intersection from a stop. She was transported to the hospital by ambulance.

• An unknown vehicle lost control in a cul-de-sac in the 1100 block of West 15th Street at about 10:15 p.m. Dec. 3. The vehicle, a dark colored 1995 to 1999 Chevy or GMC Tahoe like SUV, sideswiped one vehicle and continued to strike a second vehicle. The driver of the SUV left the scene.

• A 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix caught fire at 5:27 a.m. Dec. 6 in the 1100 block of Spring Street. The owner had gone outside to start the car, then returned inside to let the car warm up. He smelled something burning, and looked outside to see a fire on the underside of the vehicle's engine compartment. The vehicle was fully involved by the time firefighters arrived to extinguish it. The cause of the fire was undetermined, and there were no injuries.

Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.