Fire and accident report for the week ending Feb. 25Here is this week's fire and accident report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Here is this week's fire and accident report.
Tuesday, Feb. 19
• Police responded to a report of a hit-and-run that may have happened in either the Cub Foods or Walmart parking lot.
• A single vehicle crash was reported at 9:49 a.m. in the 21000 block of Northfield Boulevard. The vehicle went off the road in icy conditions. No one was injured.
Thursday, Feb. 21
• A Hastings Bus Company driver reported at 8:44 a.m. a minor crash that occurred earlier that morning. While driving on East Second Street near the railroad trucks, a vehicle pulled out of a parking lot and struck the bus.
• A 17-year-old Hastings female was cited for failure to drive with due care after she crashed into a parked car near the intersection of 15th and Forest streets.
• Firefighters investigated a cut gas line at a home in the 6300 block of St. Croix Trail S at 1:37 p.m. and notified the gas company.
• Firefighters responded to an unattended recreational fire in the 300 block of East Third Street at 6:31 p.m. The owners extinguished the fire and were advised of the rules.
Friday, Feb. 22
• Police responded at 7:55 a.m. to a single car crash at Highway 55 and Maple Street. A truck had gone off the road and into the median, where it struck a road sign. The driver said another vehicle was moving over into her lane, and she moved over and slid off the snowpacked road.
Tuesday, Feb. 25
• A church in the 600 block of Vermillion Street called firefighters at 3:20 p.m. for an electrical problem. A copy machine had overheated.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.