Fire and accident report for the week ending Feb. 5Here is this week's fire and accident report
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Sunday, Jan. 27
• A vehicle lost control and struck a road sign while driving westbound on County Road 46 at about 2 p.m. There were no injuries.
• Icy roads caused a vehicle to lose control and hit an oncoming vehicle on General Sieben Drive near 160th Street. No one was injured. The incident was reported at 5 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 28
• While attempting to turn onto Highway 316 from 33rd Street, a driver pulled out in front of an oncoming vehicle and caused a crash. The driver said he did not see the oncoming vehicle. Charged for failure to yield was Leroy Vandiver, 21, Hastings. No one was injured. The incident was reported at 2:49 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 29
• A driver lost control on ice while driving on West First Street at 7:44 a.m. She slid up the corner of the boulevard and ran over a street sign. The vehicle was towed.
• A driver backing out of his driveway in the 500 block of West Second Street collided with an oncoming vehicle at 11:11 a.m. The driver had tried to stop but slid on the ice. Both vehicles were towed, but there were no injuries.
• A 17-year-old Hastings driver was cited for following too close after he struck another vehicle from behind. The crash was reported at 6:55 p.m. in the 1900 block of Ashland Street. The driver said he slid on some ice and couldn’t slow down when the vehicle in front of him did.
Friday, Feb. 1
• A vehicle was rear-ended while stopped at a stop sign at the intersection of Sixth and Ramsey streets at 7:17 p.m. Cited for following to close and driving without a valid drivers license was Keil McGrath, 21 of Colusa, Calif.
• Two vehicles crashed at the intersection of Highway 55 and Vermillion Street at 8 p.m. One vehicle tried to stop and slid part way into the intersection, then tried to clear the intersection, where it struck an oncoming vehicle. No one was injured.
• Firefighters responded to a crash with injuries at 8:16 p.m. at the intersection of highways 61 and 10. No further information was available.
Saturday, Feb. 2
• Firefighters extricated a victim from a vehicle that went into the ditch about one mile north of the Highway 61 bridge at 8:53 p.m.
• Firefighters investigated a home in the 17000 block of Blackbird Trail at 1 p.m. Scorch burns from excessive heat were found but there was no fire.
Monday, Feb. 4
• A single vehicle went off the road while driving northbound on Highway 52 just north of 200th Street at 8:05 a.m. The vehicle struck a tree in the ditch. Responders extricated the driver and transported him to Regions Hospital.
• Two vehicles crashed at 8:32 a.m. south of 200th Street at Highway 52. No one was injured.
• Firefighters responded to a fire alarm at a home in the 3500 block of Century Drive at 8:47 a.m. There was no fire.
Tuesday, Feb. 5
• A crash was reported at the intersection of Blackbird and Ravenna trails at 12:21 a.m. The Hastings Fire Department responded.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.