Fire and accident report for the week ending Jan. 11Here is this week's fire and accident report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Here is this week's fire and accident report.
Wednesday, Jan. 2
• An unknown vehicle struck another vehicle that was parked in the Dakota County jail release lot. The incident was reported at 8:41 a.m.
Thursday, Jan. 3
• One vehicle rear-ended another at the intersection of General Sieben and Tierney drives at 2:59 p.m. A 17-year-old driver said he looked down briefly and didn’t realize the vehicle in front of him had stopped.
Friday, Jan. 4
• While turning around, a bus struck the wall of a garage in the 900 block of Lyn Way. The incident was reported at 12:35 p.m.
• Two vehicles collided in the 100 block of East Third Street at about 5:55 p.m. One driver said he didn’t see the other while changing lanes and sideswiped him.
• One vehicle rear-ended another at the intersection of Eighth and Vermillion streets. One driver stopped for a dog that ran in front of her, and the vehicle behind her struck her. Cited for failure to drive with due care was Robert Anderson, 29, Hastings.
Saturday, Jan. 5
• A hit-and-run was reported at 8:24 a.m. in the 2500 block of Yellowstone Drive. A man reported someone had struck the side of his SUV. There was damage all along the side of the vehicle and it had been pushed partially onto the curb. Police located a vehicle with matching damage and talked to its owner, who said a friend had borrowed the vehicle and told him he had “hit a curb or something.” The matter is under investigation.
Sunday, Jan. 6
• An 18-year-old Hastings man slid off the road while turning in the 300 block of Hayes Drive and struck two mailboxes. The call came at 7:07 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
• Firefighters extinguished a building fire along East 27th Street. The call came in at 8:02 a.m., after a resident noticed smoke. The fire appears to have started around some electrical wire and cable insulation under the structure. No one was injured.
Thursday, Jan. 10
• While driving eastbound on Ravenna Trail at 11:20 p.m., a 47-year-old Eagan man lost control, slid backwards into a ditch and struck a tree.
Friday, Jan. 11
• A 31-year-old Hastings man slid through the intersection of 14th and Sibley streets and struck a fire hydrant.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.