Accident report for the week ending Dec. 9Here is this week's accident and fire report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Friday, Nov. 30
• Two vehicles collided at the intersection of Red Wing Boulevard and Tuttle Drive at 2:42 p.m. One pulled out onto Red Wing Boulevard and, not seeing the oncoming vehicle, struck it in the side. One passenger reported injuries but refused an ambulance. Cited for no proof of insurance was Gary Hudson, 50, Hastings.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
• A clothes dryer started on fire at a home in the 3100 block of Village Trail. The alarm sounded at 10:21 p.m. The fire did not spread, and losses were estimated at $500.
Wednesday, Dec. 5
• Firefighters responded to a cooking fire inside an oven at a home in the 500 block of Tuttle Drive. The fire was out on arrival.
Thursday, Dec. 6
• One vehicle backed into another while turning around in the 200 block of West 17th Street at 3:19 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 7
• A fire alarm went off in the 200 block of East Second Street at 11:28 a.m. On arrival, firefighters found it had been caused by burnt popcorn.
• Firefighters responded to a rubbish fire at 4:08 p.m. in the area of 160th Street and Nicolai Avenue.
• Packed snow and ice led to a two-vehicle crash at 4:24 p.m. at the intersection of 160th Street and General Sieben Drive. No one was injured.
• A vehicle was rear-ended at 9:56 a.m. at Fourth and Forest streets.
Saturday, Dec. 8
• Two vehicles collided in the 500 block of West Fourth Street at 6:25 p.m. as one was backing out of a driveway.
Sunday, Dec. 9
• One vehicle hit another while trying to cross Kendall Drive from one driveway to another. The crash was reported at 10:29 a.m.
• A driver lost control in snowy weather and slid into the oncoming lane in the 3600 block of Vermillion Street at 4:45 p.m. The driver of the second vehicle, Bryan Christner, 25, Cottage Grove, was cited for driving after suspension.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.