Fire and accident report for the week ending Oct. 28Here is this week's fire and accident report.
Wednesday, Oct. 24
• A stalled vehicle had backed up traffic on East Third Street just before Highway 61 at 8:34 a.m. One driver rear-ended another when she looked away, not seeing the vehicle in front of her had stopped. Cited was Kathryn Rognholt, 23, Hastings, for inattentive driving.
• Two vehicles collided at the intersection of General Sieben Drive and Marketplace Boulevard at 12:20 p.m. One driver pulled out and struck the passenger side of another vehicle.
• Police responded to a report that a Loffler delivery vehicle had struck a parked car in the 700 block of Spiral Boulevard at 2:31 p.m. A witness told police the Loffler vehicle was trying to turn around in the parking lot.
• A small illegal burn was reported at 4 p.m. The fire was located near Lock and Dam No. 2, off the bike trail at the bottom of the hill. The fire department used water to extinguish the fire, and the person burning was notified of burning restrictions.
Friday, Oct. 26
• Firefighters responded to a home in the 2400 block of Rivershore Drive at 10:26 a.m. A resident called after seeing smoke from a light fan fixture. Responders found no smoke or fire, but noticed a slight odor.
• A 17-year-old Hastings female was cited for failure to yield the right of way following a crash at 26th and Vermillion streets at 5:22 p.m. The driver was making a left turn from Vermillion Street onto 26th and struck a vehicle still moving in the southbound lanes.
Sunday, Oct. 28
• A vehicle struck a deer in the 1100 block of Nininger Road. The incident was reported at 9:35 p.m. The deer was released on a DNR possession tag.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.