Accident report for the weekend ending Oct. 14Here is this week's accident report.
Tuesday, Oct. 9
• Firefighters responded to a small grass fire in the ditch near Northfield Boulevard and Joan Avenue at 8:36 a.m. The cause of the fire was unknown.
• A single vehicle crash was reported near the intersection of 150th Street and Jacob Avenue at 11:19 a.m. A vehicle had crashed into a tree. One person was reported injured.
• A crop fire was reported in the 14000 block of South 90th Street at 6:20 p.m. The fire was out when responders arrived.
• Joyelle White, 32, Hastings, was cited for careless driving after a crash at the Hastings Burger King. White struck the vehicle in front of her while in the drive-through. Police detected an odor of alcohol and gave White a preliminary breath test, which read .097. A second breath test read .07. The incident was reported at 9:45 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 10
• Two vehicles collided at the intersection of 22nd Street and Pleasant Drive at 9:53 a.m. One vehicle made a right turn in front of another vehicle and was struck.
• A driver dropped his phone and rear-ended another vehicle at the intersection of 10th and Tyler streets at 3:13 p.m. Cited was Scott Opheim, 31, Stillwater.
Thursday, Oct. 11
• A vehicle was found off the road in the 2400 block of Ravenna Trail at 4:04 a.m. The vehicle appeared to have been westbound when it veered off to the right and struck a fence and trees. Police located the driver, who said he swerved to miss a deer.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 5:22 p.m. at the intersection of highways 61 and 316. One person was reported injured.
Friday, Oct. 12
• Two vehicles collided at the intersection of Highway 55 and Pine Street at 7:07 p.m. One driver attempted to make a left turn from Highway 55 onto Pine Street and struck an oncoming vehicle. Brenda Arnst, 62, Hastings, was cited for failure to yield.
Saturday, Oct. 13
• Hastings firefighters provided mutual aid at a building fire in Prescott at 2:48 a.m. Hastings sent 11 firefighters with an engine, ladder truck, ambulance and a staff vehicle.
Monday, Oct. 15
• Firefighters found construction material on fire behind a building in the 4600 block of 200th Street. The fire was extinguished, and the Dakota County Sheriff’s Office issued a citation for the illegal fire.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings police and fire departments.