Accident report for the week ending Sept. 16Here is this week's accident report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Monday, Sept. 10
• Police responded to a crash in the parking lot of the LeDuc Historic Estate at 1:32 p.m. to city hall. A van had backed into the reporting party’s rental vehicle. An officer contacted the van’s driver regarding the incident.
• Two vehicles crashed at the intersection of Third and Vermillion streets at 12:30 p.m. One driver, thinking the vehicle in front of him had turned onto Vermillion Street, drove forward. The other vehicle, however, had not moved.
Tuesday, Sept. 11
• Firefighters extinguished a crop fire at the intersection of Highway 316 and Michael Avenue. The fire was reported at 2 p.m. High winds fanned the flames and blew it across the field, where it approached a home along Shannon Drive. Firefighters extinguished the fire before it reached the home.
• At 6:44 p.m., firefighters responded to the 500 block of Tuttle Drive to extinguish smoldering material from the previous fire in the same area.
Wednesday, Sept. 12
• Two vehicles struck each other while they were both backing out of their parking spots at Walmart. There was minor damage to each vehicle. The crash was reported at 3:51 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 14
• A vehicle struck a pedestrian in the 1500 block of Vermillion St. at 9:13 a.m. The driver told police while she was pulling into the gas station, a man ran into the side of her vehicle and caused a small dent. The man told police he saw the vehicle but didn’t expect it to turn, and that he was OK.
Saturday, Sept. 15
• Hastings firefighter/paramedics responded to a crash between a car and a motorcycle at the intersection of Highway 10 and St. Croix Trail at 11:23 a.m. Responders provided basic life support. Two people were reported injured.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 5:22 p.m. at the intersection of Red Wing Boulevard and 190th Street. Hastings firefighter/paramedics provided basic life support. Three people were reported injured.
Sunday, Sept. 16
• Hastings firefighter/paramedics responded to a single vehicle motorcycle crash at the intersection of St. Croix Trail and Highway 10 at noon. Advanced life support was provided. One person was injured.
• A grass fire was reported near the intersection of 210th Street and Clayton Avenue at 1:03 p.m. Firefighters investigated the scene.
• Firefighters extinguished a dumpster fire in the 10000 block of St. Croix Trail S. The fire was reported at 2:33 p.m.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.