Accident report for the week ending Sept. 2Here is this week's accident report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Thursday, August 23
• Police responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of 23rd Street and Pleasant Drive at 1:48 p.m. One vehicle was rear-ended while waiting to make a left turn.
Friday, August 24
• A Welch woman reported her car had been struck by another vehicle while parked in the Salvation Army parking lot at about 12:30 p.m.
Saturday, August 25
• A 17-year-old Hastings woman struck a legally parked car in the 1000 block of Westview Drive. Police responded at 2:02 p.m.
Monday, August 27
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 7:16 a.m. in the 1700 block of North Frontage Road. One vehicle rear-ended the other. The driver said it was hard to see because of the rising sun. No one was injured.
Tuesday, August 28
• A train engine struck a city-owned street sweeper at the intersection of Sixth and Bailey streets at 11:19 a.m. The driver of the street sweeper tried to cross the tracks before the train but misjudged the distance of the train. He then tried to back off the tracks but was too late. The street sweeper was struck on the driver’s side. The train was estimated to be going between 1 and 3 miles per hour. No one was injured.
• An 18-year-old Hastings woman attempted to make a right turn from the left lane of General Sieben Drive onto South Frontage Road and struck another vehicle driving in the right lane.
Tuesday, August 28
• A truck rolled over at the intersection of 200th Street and Orlando Avenue. One person was reported injured. Paramedics responded at 6:09 p.m.
• A small grass fire was reported at 7:11 p.m. along East 18th Street. The fire was mostly out by the time firefighters arrived, and they extinguished what was left. The cause of the fire was suspicious, but no further information was available.
Friday, August 31
• Firefighters responded to a smell of natural gas at a home in the 100 block of West 24th St. 5:05 p.m.
Saturday, September 1
• Firefighters ventilated a home in the 1300 block of 18th Street in response to a carbon monoxide incident.
Sunday, September 2
• Firefighters ventilated a home in the 1100 block of Westview Drive that reported a carbon monoxide incident.
• Firefighters responded to the intersection of St. Croix Trail and 113th Street at 11:12 a.m. for a motorcycle crash. One person was reported injured.
• Two cars collided while attempting to turn onto northbound Vermillion Street at 2:37 p.m. The vehicles turned from opposite sides of Vermillion Street at 10th Street and turned into the same lane.
• Two vehicles crashed at the intersection of 10th and Tyler streets at about 3 p.m. One driver stopped at the stop sign and proceeded. The other driver, who reported he is not from the area, did not stop for his stop sign and struck the other vehicle. No one was injured.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.