13-year-old Hastings boy taken to emergency room with alcohol poisoningA report of intoxicated juveniles was called in at 4:15 p.m. in the area of Park Lane and Bahls Drive on Sunday, July 29.
By: Chad Richardson, The Hastings Star-Gazette
A report of intoxicated juveniles was called in at 4:15 p.m. in the area of Park Lane and Bahls Drive on Sunday, July 29.
A couple of boys had found a friend from school sitting at a picnic table with his head down. The 13-year-old juvenile was barely responsive, so the boys called 911 and put the boy down on the ground.
When officers arrived, the juvenile was covered in vomit and unresponsive.
Medics were called and took the boy to the emergency room for alcohol poisoning.
Another boy, who is 11 years old, then approached officers. He was crying and concerned for the wellbeing of his friend. The 11-year-old said he had been drinking with the 13-year-old. He was given a breath test and had a BAC of .16.
The two boys would not tell officers where they got the alcohol from.
Parents are handling the discipline.