Accident report for the week ending July 6Here is this week's fire and accident report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Monday, July 2
• A gas line was hit during road construction at the intersection of 17th and Forest Street at 2:10 p.m. The fire department notified CenterPoint Energy.
Tuesday, July 3
• The Hastings Fire Department sent a fire engine to Prescott at 2:38 p.m. to help respond to calls while Prescott firefighters searched for a missing person.
Wednesday, July 4
• A Hastings fire engine was sent to Prescott a second time at 7 a.m. to help respond to calls while the Prescott department searched for a missing person.
• A carbon monoxide alarm went off in an apartment in the 200 block of Sibley Street at 6:22 p.m. Firefighters replaced the battery in the alarm. There was no gas.
• A carbon monoxide leak was reported at an apartment in the 1300 block of West 12th Street at7:05 p.m. Water heaters for both apartment units were leaking. Firefighters shut them down and notified the property owner.
• A man reported his vehicle had been damaged while parked in the street in the 400 block of Whispering Lane sometime in the past five days. It appeared someone had backed into the rear corner of the vehicle.
Thursday, July 5
• Firefighters responded to a report of a gas smell in a storage room in the 1700 block of North Frontage Road at 2:41 p.m. Nothing was found.
• A minor two-car crash was reported at the intersection of Highway 55 and Pine Street at 4:54 p.m. One vehicle bumped another when its driver thought the vehicle in front of her had started moving forward. There was minor damage.
Friday, July 6
• A driver reported at 5:39 p.m. her car had been damaged while parked in the parking lot of a funeral home in the 400 block of Spring Street. Paint had transferred from the vehicle parked next to hers. The other driver said she had felt a bump while parking but didn’t check for damage.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.