Accident report for the week ending June 24Here is this week's accident and fire report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Here is this week's accident and fire report.
Monday, June 18
• Police responded to a minor crash at the intersection of 33rd Street and Red Wing Boulevard at 4:46 p.m. One vehicle rear-ended the other when the driver didn’t see the vehicle in front stopped for another vehicle. No injuries were reported.
Tuesday, June 19
• Three vehicles were involved in a crash at the intersection of General Sieben Drive and Highway 55 at noon. Due to severe weather, the traffic lights at the intersection were not working. Two vehicles, one in each lane, began crossing north over Highway 55 when it was their turn. A third vehicle, driven by Donald Dopkins, 68 of Red Wing, told police he didn’t realize the lights were out and also moved into the intersection from Highway 55. Dopkins struck one vehicle, which then struck the third vehicle. The driver of one vehicle reported a minor injury and was transported to Regina. Dopkins was cited for failure to yield and failing to drive with due care.
Wednesday, June 20
• A Hastings woman attempting to turn her vehicle into a parking lot in the 1200 block of Nininger Road lost control and struck a stop sign. She was not injured. The crash was reported at 3:54 p.m.
Thursday, June 21
• Hastings firefighters responded to a crash at the intersection of 127th Street and Highway 10 at 9:54 a.m. Firefighters extricated the victim. One person was reported injured.
• A 67-year-old Hastings man struck a 68-year-old Hastings woman with his pickup at the intersection of Fourth Street and Whispering Lane at 10:39 a.m. The man told police he stopped at the stop sign and looked both ways but didn’t see the woman crossing the street. The woman was knocked down and suffered a broken septum.
Sunday, June 24
• Firefighters responded to a report of a boat on fire by the Prescott boat launch at 1:45 p.m. The cause of the fire, which originated in the engine area, was undetermined. The fire was out when firefighters arrived.
• Firefighters responded to a three-vehicle crash on Highway 10 near the Prescott bridge. One vehicle rear-ended another and pushed it into the path of an oncoming motorcycle. Two patients were transported to Regions Hospital in St. Paul, while four were taken to Regina.
• An anhydrous ammonia leak was reported at the intersection of 180th Street and Orlando Avenue at 5:30 p.m. Miesville assisted Hastings in stopping and containing the leak.
Monday, June 25
• The Hastings Fire Department responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of 190th Street and Nicolai Avenue at 11:35 a.m. One person was reported injured.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.