Accident report for the week ending June 17Here is this week's accident report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Here is this week's accident report.
Saturday, June 9
• Police responded to a two vehicle crash involving a motorcycle at 3:56 p.m. near Red Wing and Spiral boulevards. A 39-year-old St. Louis Park man made a U-turn on Spiral Boulevard, causing the motorcycle driver, Zane Markham, 30 of Hastings, to lock up his brakes. Markham’s bike fell and hit the rear wheel of the other vehicle. Markham reported some injuries but declined medical attention. Markham was cited for no insurance.
Tuesday, June 12
• Two vehicles collided at the intersection of Highway 55 and Pine Street at 10:30 a.m. One vehicle entered the intersection on a red light while the other entered on a green light.
• A county vehicle sustained some damage after another vehicle backed into it in the parking lot at the Juvenile Service Center in Hastings at 2:34 p.m.
• Two cars collided in the parking lot at the Pleasant Hill Library at 3:30 p.m. One was backing out of a parking spot while the other was driving through the lot.
• Two vehicles collided in the Walmart parking lot at 3:40 p.m.
• Two drivers attempting to move through the intersection at 21st and Vermillion streets on a yellow light collided at 9:33 p.m. Michele Meine, 35 of Hastings, was cited for no insurance.
Wednesday, June 13
• While turning around in a driveway in the 3100 block of Riverwood Drive, a vehicle was struck by another. One person reported injuries but was not transported.
• Hastings firefighters responded to a house fire in the 4000 block of Shannon Drive at 10:37 p.m. The fire started in the garage and moved into the main front entryway. A smoke alarm alerted the resident, who exited safely with a dog. Damage was estimated at about $150,000.
Thursday, June 14
• Firefighters responded to a downed street light power wire in the 800 block of West Sixth Street at 11:53 a.m. The department notified Xcel Energy.
• Firefighters responded to a multifamily dwelling in the 1100 block of Bahls Drive for a smoke alarm at 6:51 p.m. Food had burned in the microwave and set off the alarm.
• The Hastings Fire Department conducted a swift water rescue at the intersection of Ravenna Trail and 200th Street at 10:59 p.m. Responders helped rescue victims from seven vehicles and one bus that were washed off the road in a flash flood. No one was injured in the incident.
Friday, June 15
• A Hastings man reported a dog had run across Highway 55 at about 3:34 p.m. and ran into his collector car. He told police he saw the dog run across the highway near Roadside Park to another dog, and then back across the highway again, where it struck his car between the rear wheel well and the bumper.
Saturday, June 16
• One vehicle rear-ended another at the intersection of 10th and Vermillion Streets at 2:56 p.m.
• Firefighters contained an ammonia leak in the 17500 block of Orlando Avenue at 8:09 p.m. No cleanup was necessary.
Sunday, June 17
• Firefighters responded to a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of County Road 47 and 190th Street. A victim was extricated from a vehicle and was reported injured.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.