Accident report for the week ending April 1Here is this week's crash and fire report.
By: Katrina Styx, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Tuesday, March 27
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 11:53 a.m. March 27 at the intersection of 10th and Vermillion streets. A Welch man rear-ended the vehicle in front of him while trying to move into the intersection. He told police he didn’t see the vehicle in front of him stop. There was minor damage.
Wednesday, March 28
• Firefighters responded to a report of a downed power line in the 800 block of East Second Street at 9:23 p.m. March 28. Responders notified Xcel Energy.
Saturday, March 31
• An employee at Walmart hit a natural gas line with a fork lift at 1:48 a.m. March 31. The employee had stopped the leak by the time firefighters arrived. The fire department notified CenterPoint Energy.
• Police responded to a report of a stuck vehicle in the Lions Park baseball field at 2:53 a.m. March 31. A pickup had crashed into a culvert at the bottom of the ponding basin and the airbags were deployed. The truck appeared to be joyriding through the park prior to the crash. The incident is still under investigation.
• Joseph McManmon, 43 of St. Paul, was cited for failure to yield after a crash at the intersection of General Sieben Drive and Market Boulevard. McManmon pulled onto General Sieben Drive from Market Boulevard in front of another vehicle traveling on General Sieben Drive. No injuries were reported.
• Firefighters responded to a rubbish fire in the 11700 block of Manning Avenue at 4:09 p.m. March 31. A resident was burning rubbish without authorization. Firefighters extinguished the fire.
Sunday, April 1
• One person was injured in a vehicle crash at the intersection of 200th Street and Highway 316. The crash was reported at 9:07 p.m.
Monday, April 2
• Firefighters responded to a report of a brush fire in the 800 block of Eddy Street at 3:25 p.m. April 2. A resident was burning brush without authorization. Firefighters extinguished the fire.
• A grass fire was reported at a home in the 18000 block of Goodwin Avenue at 4:13 p.m. April 2. The homeowner had the fire extinguished upon arrival. Firefighters checked to make sure it had been fully extinguished.
Tuesday, April 3
• A downed power line was reported to the fire department at 7:07 a.m. April 3 at the intersection of South Frontage Road and Lyn Way. The appropriate agency was notified.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.