St. Patrick's Day was eventful for Hastings police departmentExtra patrols were in place throughout Hastings during St. Patrick's Day on Sunday, and police were kept busy.
By: Chad Richardson, The Hastings Star-Gazette
Extra patrols were in place throughout Hastings during St. Patrick's Day on Sunday, and police were kept busy.
Among the items from Saturday:
• A fight was reported at a bar on Sibley Street at 11:09 p.m. Reserve officers on patrol in the area witnessed the fight.
One man had approached others, wanting to fight them. Someone took him up on the offer, and punched the man.
Two men were cited for disorderly conduct.
• An unknown and apparently intoxicated person fell into a 6-foot by 7-foot glass window at Divine Inspirations in downtown Hastings. The window was broken in the incident. It was reported at 9:13 p.m.
• The driver of one vehicle is being sought in at least two hit-and-run accidents at an apartment complex in the 1100 block of Bahls Drive. Officers are attempting to contact the man they believe was driving the car that did the damage.
• $650 was reportedly taken from a victim in the 900 block of Tyler Street. The theft was reported at 8:52 p.m. Officers are investigating.
• A fight was reported at 4:10 a.m. along Meggan Drive. Officers located a man who said he had been punched by another man. Officers were approached by the man later. He became combative and non-compliant with officers.
He was arrested for fifth degree assault and obstructing the legal process.