Accident report for the week ending Nov. 7Here is the accident report for the week.
• While driving westbound on Ravenna Trail at 1:24 a.m. Nov. 1, a Cottage Grove woman struck one of two deer that ran in front of her vehicle. She was not injured.
• John Whipple, 22 of Hastings, was cited for failure to yield after a crash at 7:41 a.m. Nov. 1. Whipple had stopped at the stop sign at Fourth and Spring streets and didn’t see a second vehicle approaching on Fourth Street. He drove into the side of the other vehicle as it was passing through the intersection. There were no injuries.
• A 17-year-old Hastings woman was cited for following too closely after she rear-ended a vehicle in the 100 block of East Third Street at 3:20 p.m. Nov. 1 and pushed it into a third vehicle. The two vehicles had stopped for traffic, but the woman told police she didn’t notice they had stopped. One vehicle was towed, and one driver transported to the hospital.
• Firefighters responded to a vehicle crash on the Highway 61 bridge at 3:54 p.m. Nov. 1. One person was reported injured.
• Iva Priester, 68 of Hastings, came into the police department to report she had been struck from behind while driving on Highway 61 at about 2 p.m. Nov. 2. At the time of the accident she had gotten some of the other driver’s information. Police contacted the other driver, Scott Grabowski, 19 of Hastings. The two drivers disagreed on the exact location of the crash, and Grabowski said he struck Priester’s vehicle when she stopped suddenly in front of him. Grabowski was cited for following too closely.
• Two drivers involved in a crash at 2:57 p.m. Nov. 3 both claimed they were struck by the other. Patricia Thurmes, 56 of Hastings, said she was stopped at the intersection of Fifth and Eddy streets and when she continued into the intersection, another vehicle ran into her. Rachel Topp, 21 of Hastings, said she had stopped as well, and when she proceeded into the intersection Thurmes struck her.
• One person was injured in a two-vehicle crash at 4:46 p.m. Nov. 4 on Vermillion Street. Keith Burton, 45 of Prescott, was turning from Vermillion Street onto 25th Street when Eve Friesen, 29 of Miesville, crossed the lane of traffic and was struck. Friesen had the right-of-way. One person reported injuries to police but was not transported to the hospital.
• Firefighters had to remove a victim from a vehicle after it rolled over into the ditch along Highway 55 west of Pine Bend Trail. The incident occurred at 1:41 a.m. Nov. 5. One person was injured.
• A single vehicle crash was reported in the southbound lanes of Highway 61 north of the bridge. One person was injured.
• One person was injured after a vehicle vs. pedestrian crash at the intersection of Vermillion and 10th streets at 9:37 a.m. Nov. 5.
• One was injured in a crash at 4:39 p.m. Nov. 5 at the intersection of Fourth and State streets. While driving along Fourth Street, Laura Kopf, 51 of Hastings, initiated a U-turn at State Street and turned in front of a vehicle driven by a 16-year-old Hastings male. He was unable to stop in time. There were no injuries.
• A vehicle rolled over at 8:39 p.m. Nov. 6 at the intersection of 170th Street and Jorgen Avenue. One patient was transported to the hospital by helicopter.
• One person was injured in a crash at the intersection of Highway 55 and Pleasant Drive at 1:06 p.m. Nov. 7.
• A victim had to be removed from a vehicle by firefighters after a two-vehicle crash at the intersection of Highway 52 and 180th Street. One person was injured.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Fire and PoliceDepartments.