Accident report for the week ending Oct. 2Here is this week's accident report.
• Minor damage was reported at a collision at 12:11 p.m. Sept. 28 in the 500 block of West Fourth Street. Kimberly Reinardy, 36 of Hastings, was backing her vehicle out of her driveway and said she didn’t see the other car, which was parked. The owner of the parked vehicle, Traci Putz, 36 of Hastings, had parked in a posted no-parking area.
• Three vehicles were involved in a rear-end collision at the intersection of Vermillion Street and County Road 46/47 at 2:39 p.m. Sept. 28. Two vehicles were stopped southbound on Vermillion Street waiting for traffic when Nichole Gehrke, 25 of Hastings, didn’t stop in time and ran into the vehicle in front of her. That vehicle then rear-ended the next vehicle ahead. Gehrke was cited for driving without due care. There were no injuries.
• Firefighters responded to a rekindled fire in the 5900 block of 200th Street at 6:30 a.m. Sept. 29. A previous fire last week had completely burned a storage barn and high winds were threatening to blow remaining embers into other areas. Firefighters were on scene until shortly after 11 a.m.
• A downed power line was reported at the intersection of Westview Drive and 19th Street at 11:59 a.m. Sept. 29. Firefighters responded to the scene and notified the power company.
• Firefighters responded to a home in the 800 block of West 10th Street at 6:28 p.m. Sept. 29 for a downed power line. Upon identifying the hazard, responders notified Xcel Energy and turned the scene over to them.
• A call for a dumpster fire called firefighters to the 2100 block of Spring Street at 9:57 a.m. Oct. 1. When they arrived they found a 10-yard dumpster completely involved in fire. They extinguished the fire.
• Firefighters responded to a gas leak at a home in the 300 block of Tuttle Drive at 6:59 p.m. Oct. 2. They found a small leak near the meter of a vacant house and contacted CenterPoint Energy.
• A rubbish fire in the 21000 block of Lewiston Boulevard got out of control and was reported to the fire department at 4:46 p.m. Oct. 3. The fire spread from the rubbish pile to nearby grass and trees. Firefighters extinguished the fire. No buildings were affected.
Information for this report is obtained from the Hastings Fire and Police Departments.