Accident report for the week ending Sept. 9Here is the accident report for this week.
• Police were notified of a hit-and-run in the YMCA parking lot. Sept. 5. Brian Edmundson of Hastings said his wife had taken his vehicle to the YMCA that morning and when she returned to the vehicle found two dents and a 1-1/2 inch scrape.
• A crash was reported in the Target parking lot at 5:46 p.m. Sept. 5. Joyce Partington, 61 of Hastings, was waiting to make a left turn onto South Frontage Road when she was struck from behind by a Chevy Blazer. The driver of the Blazer identified himself as Steven Jackson. The vehicle Partington was driving sustained rear-end damage.
• A two-vehicle crash occurred at 6:34 p.m. Sept. 7 in the area of 15th and Maple streets. Jeffery Preston, 47 of Hastings, hit a parked vehicle owned by Timothy and Kari O’Brien of Hastings. Preston was driving east on 15th Street when he was blinded momentarily by the glare of the sun off another vehicle. He accidentally struck the O’Brien vehicle, which was parked legally along the street.
• A two-vehicle crash was reported at 11:40 a.m. Sept. 8 in the 600 block of East 10th Street. Francis Kaiser, 77 of West St. Paul, was approaching a pedestrian crosswalk where a witness was crossing. Kaiser slowed down for the pedestrian and was struck from behind by Sandra Onischuck, 54 of Hastings. Onischuck said she didn’t see the pedestrian and wasn’t expecting Kaiser to slow down. The witness said it did not appear either vehicle was driving recklessly. A passenger in the Kaiser vehicle reported some pain but was not transported to the hospital.
• Two vehicles collided with no one inside them Sept. 9. The Fastenal Company reported that a vehicle had rolled into a company truck in the parking lot. There was minor damage.
Information for this report is obtained from the Hastings Police Department. Fire reports were unavailable this week.