Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Tara Mauch of Hastings gives mouth-to-mouth resuscitation to a dog that had been trapped inside a burning Hastings home on Monday morning. The dog is getting care at a veterinarian but appeared to be OK. Star Gazette photo by Chad Richardson

Two dogs, one rabbit saved from blaze inside Hastings home

Email

Two dogs were rescued from a house fire in Hastings on Monday, with one of them receiving mouth-to-mouth resuscitation from a neighbor.

The dogs were rescued from a burning home by firefighters from the Hastings Fire Department, then were quickly cared for by bystanders and rushed to the veterinarian.

The Hastings home caught fire about 11:30 a.m. Monday. The residents were not home at the time, but their two dogs and a rabbit were.

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Chad Richardson
Chad Richardson is the publisher and editor at the Hastings Star Gazette. He was the general manager of the Farmington Independent and Rosemount Town Pages from 2000 to 2007. He previously worked at the Star Gazette from 1996 to 2000 as a photographer and reporter. He also worked as a photographer and writer at the Pope County Tribune in Glenwood.
(651) 319-4500
Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness