Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement

Fire at Papa's causes $150,000 in damage

Email News Alerts

Talk about a rude awakening. At 3:32 a.m. Thursday, April 17, Dan Niedere's phone rang. It was the Hastings Police Department, calling to tell him that his business, Papa's Bar and Grill, was on fire.

Advertisement

Niedere raced to the scene and called his friend and co-owner, Adam Notch, on the way.

"I didn't know exactly what to expect," Niedere said. "It wasn't looking too good when I got there. There was quite a lot of smoke coming out."

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Chad Richardson
Chad Richardson is the publisher and editor at the Hastings Star Gazette. He was the general manager of the Farmington Independent and Rosemount Town Pages from 2000 to 2007. He previously worked at the Star Gazette from 1996 to 2000 as a photographer and reporter. He also worked as a photographer and writer at the Pope County Tribune in Glenwood.
(651) 319-4500
Advertisement