Sections

Weather Forecast

Close
Advertisement
Parishioners of Brown’s Chapel stand outside their church building, which was located at the corner of Fifth and Sibley streets for about 17 years. Hastings Gazette file photo

Brown’s Chapel served Hastings’ black community until it was damaged by arson in 1907

Email News Alerts

Editor’s note: This story is the first in a periodic series on the history of churches in Hastings.

Many people probably do not even know it was there, but at the turn of the century in Hastings, at the corner of Fifth and Sibley streets, Brown’s Chapel served the black community.

Advertisement

Get the full story
Subscribe or Log In

Advertisement
Advertisement
randomness