Firefighters responded to an alarm at the Dakota County jail at 9:43 p.m. Jan. 19. Investigation showed there was no fire.
A kitchen fire in a home in the 1600 block of Walnut Street caused more than $77,000 in damage Jan. 20. The fire was reported at 4:09 p.m. A resident left the home after leaving a pan containing food on the stove while the stove element was still on. The fire was contained to the kitchen and no one was injured. A smoke detector was present, but the battery had been disconnected.
Firefighters extinguished a mattress that was on fire in the ditch near the intersection of Highway 55 and Goodwin Avenue. There was no one at the scene. The fire was reported at 2:24 p.m. Jan. 21.
Firefighters responded to a motor vehicle crash at the intersection of 200th Street and Quamme Avenue at 11:12 p.m. Jan. 22. There were no injuries.
A vehicle in the ditch at the intersection of Highway 52 and 215th Street was reported at 9:58 a.m. Jan. 24. There were no injuries.