Accident report for the week ending Feb. 15
Here is this week's fire and accident report.
Wednesday, Feb. 13
Firefighters were called to Regina Medical Center at noon for a smoke alarm. A fluorescent light in the elevator lobby had overheated and started to smoke, setting off the alarm. Responders restored the alarm system.
Police responded to a report of a car door opening and causing a small dent on another vehicle in the 1300 block of South Frontage Road.
Thursday, Feb. 14
A Hastings woman reported that someone had hit the rear corner of her car sometime between 8:45 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. while it was parked at the senior center.
Two vehicles collided at the intersection of 15th and Pine streets at 11:50 a.m. Cited for failure to yield was Breanna Jo Erickson, 20, Hastings. There were no injuries.
A truck struck an unoccupied parked car in the 500 block of West 13th Street while backing out of a parking spot.
Friday, Feb. 15
A fire was reported at a home in the 13500 block of East 195th Street. A small fire started in a basement cabinet, where an RC vehicle charging unit was charging two batteries. Both batteries burned, but the fire did not spread. It had been extinguished by the time firefighters arrived.
Information for this report is obtained from both the Hastings Police and Fire departments.